Forum

Adobe Photoshop  

RSS
weng
 weng
(@wengt21)

Does anyone can give me an advice what kind of adobe photoshop I could buy to fix my pictures? I am more interested on fixing/clearing up the skin blemishes or removing unwanted objects. Any advice will be appreciated.

Posted : 27/06/2012 1:20 pm
Matthew Gore
(@admin)
Member Admin

It depends, partly, on your budget. Photoshop CS6 is really the best tool available... but it's expensive. Photoshop Elements is a good entry-level version, not too expensive, still pretty powerful, but its pretty limited compared to real photoshop.

There are other programs, though. Corel makes a good photo editor, and it's relatively inexpensive.

Also, there's GIMP, which is completely free.

If you're a student (or know a student), you can buy the full version of Photoshop at student price and save a ton of money. If you can do it, that's really the best place to start learning.

- Matt

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2012 1:29 pm
weng
 weng
(@wengt21)

Thank you Matt, (I forgot to mention in my message above that I am just looking for the basic one--easy to use for a beginner) The CS6 is probably too much for me (not just the price but probably with all the features too without knowing how to use it). I will check out the Photo Elements, Corel and GIMP. Thanks again

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2012 12:40 pm
Matthew Gore
(@admin)
Member Admin

NP. I haven't used Corel in quite a few years, but it was a great program back when Photoshop was in version 7 or so, around 1999 / 2000. It was comparatively easy to use.

I don't find GIMP to be very intuitive, but the price is right, and there are plenty of video tutorials on YouTube if you need a hand getting introduced to it.

- Matthew

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2012 2:20 pm
weng
 weng
(@wengt21)

Oh, ok. thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/06/2012 10:03 am
Dora1
(@dora1)

Still relevant information, thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/10/2018 3:28 am
Matthew Gore
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi Dora,

Probably the best option on the market right now is Affinity Photo, which does not have a subscription model and costs a mere $40 (or sometimes $50). Either way, it's less than half as much as an annual subscription to Photoshop, and you can use it for years. I don't think that I mentioned it above.

Unfortunately, there isn't a perfect alternative to Adobe Lightroom right now, for Affinity. Programs like <a href="https://www.on1.com/affiliates/idevaffiliate.php?id=388_138_3_164" target="_blank">ON1 Photo RAW</a> or CaptureOne have their advantages, but I'm really hoping for a native Affinity solution, one of these days.

- Matthew

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/10/2018 3:35 am
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register