Forum

Light & Matter is 10 Years Old!  

RSS
Matthew Gore
(@admin)
Member Admin

This is actually just a test post for the new forum system, but I thought that I'd take the opportunity to mention that this is the 10 year anniversary for L&M. A lot has changed over the years. We've moved from Seattle, to Florida, and back to Seattle. I've started a YouTube channel, and the community has grown and waned.

So, here's to a new beginning! And another 10 years.

- Matthew Gore

Attachment removed
ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2019 2:26 pm
mister fred
(@mister-fred)

greetings.
i'm one of the senior retirees in florida and while we hate to see you go, can you please help me with a Photoshop issue?

Years ago my I received a copy of Photoshop CS 2 and have used it in two computers.
Recently, my laptop crashed and I went and got another.

I have the original PhotoShop disk and serial numbers and receipt of purchase.

When I installed Photoshop on this laptop, it would not launch.

Adobe support said because it's such an old version they could not deactivate and activate it.

They referred me to a forum????

Any help would be appreciated.
thank you for your time..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2019 4:51 pm
Matthew Gore
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hello Mr Fred!

Sorry for the delay; I've only just switched over to this forum software, and I didn't get a notification.

In any case, Adobe support was undoubtedly talking about the Adobe support forums, which you can find here: https://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop

Unfortunately, I can't personally give you any advice about activating your copy of CS2. I  used CS2 back in 2009 or so, and for most people it will have all of the features that we could possibly need (and more), so I understand your reluctance to install a newer version. As you are probably aware, Photoshop can no longer be purchased... you'll have to pay for it on a monthly basis (it's about $10, bundled with Lightroom).

I have mostly switched over to using Affinity Photo instead. It's an immensely powerful photo editor like Photoshop, with lots of great tutorial videos and a strong support community, and it costs something like $40 (total, just once) instead of $120/year.

Good luck!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/01/2019 3:46 pm
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register