Different wedding photographers are prone to different sets of mistakes. Yet there are some common pitfalls that are more widely prevalent. In this presentation we will try to identify and discuss those.
Following is a generally recognizable list of the potential hazards encountered in wedding cinematography:
Common oversights of beginners in pre-production:
1. Lack of planning. Money and time available determine the job contours, outline so therefore careful consideration of budgeted time and finances will determine the allocation and distribution of resources. This will ensure smooth operation.
2. Lack of research. Fact finding is an important element.
3. Lack of storyboard. This shows each scene and the action contained within for instance how the camera will be set up.
4. Lack of scheduling.
5. Not locking down exposures, focus etc.
6. Insufficient attention to lighting
7. Bad sound recording
The above are only a small sample of common oversights that a wedding cinematographer is prone to. As the saying goes ‘experience is the best teacher’. So the wedding photographer will have to serve an apprentice period in the field. He will need to traverse the learning curve several times to grow into a leading professional.